What do people do when they watch TV? What do you do, when you watch TV?
PEOPLE USE THEIR SMARTPHONES WHILE WATCHING TV
Well, you might not be surprised that people tend to use their smartphone or tablet while watching TV. A study of MEC and Goldbach Austria found that, especially in the audience below the age of 30, more than 75% use their smartphone while watching TV, 47% use a tablet and 32% research online for products which they have seen on TV.
NOT ONLY DIGITAL NATIVES
Ok, it’s not suprising that young people are reached best via mobile touchpoint as we call this audience “Digital Natives”. BUT also audiences aged 30-65 show at least 50% actitvity on smartphones while watching TV following the results of the study.
ITS NOT ABOUT 1st or 2nd SCREEN – ITS ABOUT MULTISCREEN
As you may know SPLICKY offers a targeting which helps to extend and support the awareness of the TV advertisements. The mobile campaign is triggered at the moment the TV spot is broadcasted.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Once a TV commercial is on air, the TV signal is analysed by our data partner spotwatch.io and the information is passed to our DSP. The ads go live immediately (within seconds) and can be set for a time span of 5-30min.
- All main TV channels can be selected as a filter (DACH REGION).
- Preferred ad formats for a TV-Targeting campaign are display ads (320×50, 300×250, 320×480), rich media interstitials and videos.
- The TV-Targeting technology can be combined with all regular targeting options of the system and all ad formats.
When selecting your TV Spot, check if it‘s the right on with a Preview Video and Story-Board.
COMBINE MOBILE TARGETING AND TV SPOTS
- TV Spot and Channel
- Time (OnAirTime of Mobile Campaign)
- Day Time
- City, Zip code, Country, State
- Selection of IAB categories or Black-/Whitelist of Apps & Sites
- Operating System
- Tablet / Smartphone
- Audience Targeting with data providers
- Wifi / Carrier
We have supported campaigns for car manufacturers, breweries and also games publishers so far.
When will you extend your TV ads onto mobile?
If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
REQUEST A DEMO
Appsworld is coming to Berlin for the 2nd time and as last year, it’ll be a class reunion of people who had mobile on their agenda for quite a while 😉
As always Appsworld has put up a decent lineup and this year, I hope and believe, that the Berlin transportation services will not be on strike 😉
We’ll be walking around and have a quick chats. If you’d like to meet up – please click here to schedule a meeting.
In our day to day business we are part of our clients huge marketing machinery, which is brand and performance-driven.
Creating successful and meaningful results for our clients not only means to provide the best demand-side-technolgy for mobile traffic, but also to cooperate and collaborate with a large variety of providers for content, adserving, tracking, data, fraud detection, analytics. Nowadays also with providers to measure and synchronize TV Spots, which supports our new and hottest product “Mobile TV Sync”.
Having said that, it does not surprise that you will find nearly 4000 solution providers in the latest chiefmartec Marketing technology landscape. In comparison to last year the amount of logos has nearly doubled in 2016. Chiefmartecs author Scott Brinkler believes that this is due to fact that clients have not only one major platform to organize marketing technolgy, but several, which eventually leads to all full stack of 3rd party solution providers docking into large players – making the picture complete.
See the full landscape by clicking here.
And yes – gladly we made it, onto the Mobile Marketing section next to some of our market companions 😉
Berlin Mobile Companies rock! 😉
Hurrah! We’ve been mentioned in an Article by Adzine regarding companies that started in providing services for app promotions and nowadays also offer products for brand awareness. The article let’s some of Berlin based mobile companies (Glispa, Fyber, Splicky) explain what changed and why.
- Not only Gaming advertisers focus on mobile traffic, therefore customer base has grown more heterogen, which leads to additional requirements reflecting new types of advertisers.
- New products like TV Sync have been developed for advertisers to reach users on their smartphones while they watch TV.
- Further more former Ad Networks nowadays offer their inventory via RTA and restructure themselves as SSPs.
- Conversion optimization beyond installs gets more important.
- Besides using programmatic advertising, some companies also value Influencer Marketing via social channels like Youtube to gain access to new users.
Here you can find the Adzine article in full (German version only).